Delicious Tandoori Pomfret Healthy Foods Recipe
Tandoori pomfret ingredietns and method of making written below :
Ingredients Of Tandoori Pomfret Healthy Foods
1. 2 (300 grams each) pomfrets.
2. The salt according to taste.
3. 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
4. 1 inch ginger.
5. 5-6 garlic cloves.
6. 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds.
7. 3/4 cup skimmed milk yogurt.
8. 1 egg.
9. 2 tablespoons gram flour.
10. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
11. 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
12. 2 tablespoons olive oil or rice bran oil.
Method Of Making Tandoori Pomfret Healthy Foods
1. Make incisions on the pomfrets and rub in the salt and lemon juice. Set aside for twenty minutes. Grind the ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
2. Mix together the ginger-garlic paste, carom seeds, yogurt, egg, gram flour, turmeric powder and garam masaja powder. Rub the mixture over the fish and leave to marinate for about one hour in a refrigerator. Preheat an oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
3. Thread each pomfret onto a skewer and cook it in the preheated oven or in a moderately hot tandoor for about eight to ten minutes.
4. Baste with the oil and cook in the oven/tandoor for another three minutes.
5. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
What Is Pomfrets
People who not know about pomfrets i am writing for those. Promfrets is a kind of fish. It mostly occupied in South Asia. It mostly found in the Indo – Pacific ocean and Atlantic region.This kind of fish have more than 30 different species. Some kinds of butterfishes is also known as pomfrets.100g pomfrets consist of 87 calories, fat 2g, saturated fat 0.5g, protein 15g and carbohydrates 15g.
As from above figure we can see that pomfrets are low in carbohydrates and high in proteins, selenium and Vitamins A and E. Pomfrets also consider a good source of antioxidants. It is very good for maintaining a healthy heart and a clear and glowing complexion.
You can also see another tandoori recipe below