In the salad, the watermelon goes along with tomatoes, pickled shallots and olives, and a mix of boiled potatoes and pike caviar acts as a sauce. If you are a vegan or a vegetarian, then you can not add the sauce and just do the dressing. In fact, this is not even a sauce, but a thick emulsion that is best added to the salad point wise using a pastry syringe. Or use as a spread for bread, which you will serve with the salad. To make the dish even brighter and more original, it is better to take tomatoes Kuban, multi-colored, several different varieties.
- 300 g of watermelon pulp
- 200 g tomatoes
- 10 g fresh basil
- 100 g boiled potatoes
- 200 g pike caviar
- 100 g olives
- 100 g shallots
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml lemon fresh
- 10 g unrefined cane sugar
- 10 g black pepper
- 10 g of salt
- Pickle shallots for 3 hours: pour white balsamic vinegar into a deep bowl, add salt, cane sugar and put onion sliced in half rings.
- Grind boiled potatoes in a blender with pike caviar, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Peel the watermelon and cut into equal sized cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices. Large olives cut in half.
- Put all chopped tomatoes, watermelon, olives, shallots in a deep salad bowl, season with olive oil, lemon fresh and add leaves of fresh basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potato sauce to the salad, carefully laying it out on the chopped vegetables, or spread on the bread and use it together with the salad.