In the salad, the watermelon goes along with tomatoes, pickled shallots and olives, and a mix of boiled potatoes and pike caviar acts as a sauce. If you are a vegan or a vegetarian, then you can not add the sauce and just do the dressing. In fact, this is not even a sauce, but a thick emulsion that is best added to the salad point wise using a pastry syringe. Or use as a spread for bread, which you will serve with the salad. To make the dish even brighter and more original, it is better to take tomatoes Kuban, multi-colored, several different varieties.
amount 4 servings
Time 20 minutes
- 300 g of watermelon pulp
- 200 g tomatoes
- 10 g fresh basil
- 100 g boiled potatoes
- 200 g pike caviar
- 100 g olives
- 100 g shallots
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 20 ml lemon fresh
- 10 g unrefined cane sugar
- 10 g black pepper
- 10 g of salt
- Pickle shallots for 3 hours: pour white balsamic vinegar into a deep bowl, add salt, cane sugar and put onion sliced in half rings.
- Grind boiled potatoes in a blender with pike caviar, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Peel the watermelon and cut into equal sized cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices. Large olives cut in half.
- Put all chopped tomatoes, watermelon, olives, shallots in a deep salad bowl, season with olive oil, lemon fresh and add leaves of fresh basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potato sauce to the salad, carefully laying it out on the chopped vegetables, or spread on the bread and use it together with the salad.
Review for refreshing summer dishes