3 Healthy Wrap Recipes That You Can Easily Bring On The Go
Eating a balanced and nutritious meal every day is ideal, but if you don’t always have the time to prepare home-cooked meals, healthy eating gets more challenging. Aside from salads which can be prepared in batches beforehand, another healthy snack alternative is a wrap – plenty of nutritious ingredients rolled into one! The best part is that they’re easy to prepare and pack, too!
Easy Avocado and Turkey Wrap
What you need:
- 6 pieces 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 12 slices thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cream cheese with chives
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Dijon mustard, stir until smooth. Divide and spread mixture on each tortilla. Arrange about 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce onto each tortilla. Place 2 turkey slices per tortilla followed by about 2 tablespoons of Swiss cheese, then tomato, avocado slices and crumbled bacon. Roll tortillas tightly and secure with toothpick. Slice in half before serving.
Sweet Chicken and Cherry Lettuce Wraps
What you need:
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 kg. boneless and skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1/4 kilogram dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a skillet then cook chicken and ginger for 6 to 8 minutes or when chicken is cooked through. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce and honey. Add cooked chicken, cherries, carrots, onion and almonds to the bowl and toss to combine. Divide and spoon mixture onto each lettuce leaf, roll into a wrap then serve.
Yammy Beans and Kale Wrap
What you need:
- 2 9-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 4 large kale leaves, sliced into small pieces
- 2 yams, cooked and cubed
- 1 3/4 cups black beans, warmed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
In a small bowl, combine kale, balsamic vinaigrette and soy sauce then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. When ready, remove kale from marinade cook with olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until dark green. Divide yams between 2 tortillas then top with kale, black beans and feta cheese. Wrap tightly and secure with toothpick.
Enjoy these healthy wrap recipes wherever you are!
Adrian T. Cheng is a food blogger who promotes healthy eating. He has written numerous posts and articles about natural herbs and spices, shared countless of delicious and healthy recipes and reviewed kitchen accessories that are affordable yet of quality. You can view Adrian’s posts about going green and other nutrition tips and tricks on his page.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Adrian_T._Cheng/2109020