Delicious date and fig baked karanji recipe
Baked karanji recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of date and fig baked karanji recipe
1. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
2. 1/2 cup refined flour.
3. 2 tablespoons semolina.
4. 2 tablespoons pure ghee plus to brush.
5. 1/4 cup skimmed milk.
1. 3/4 cup chopped seedless dates.
2. 3/4 cup dried figs, chopped.
3. 15-20 almonds, crushed.
4. 7-8 cashew nuts, crushed.
5. 7-8 pistachios, crushed.
6. 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder.
7. 1 tablespoon roasted poppy seeds.
8. 2 tablespoons skimmed milk
Method of making date and fig baked karanji healthy food recipe
1. For the covering, place the whole wheat flour and refined flour in a bowl. Add the semolina, two tables ghee and milk and knead into a semi-soft dough. Divide into equal portions and shape then into pedas. Keep them covered with a damp cloth.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
3. To make the filling, place the dates and figs in the bowl. Add the almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, cardamom powder, poppy seeds and mix. Math lightly with fingers and add a little milk.
4. Roll out a dough pedo. Place it in the karanji mould. Place a small portion of the prepared filling in the hollow. Apply a little water on the edges, close the mould and press firmly.
5. Remove the excess and use again. Similarly, prepare the remaining karanjis.
6. The karanjis can be made without the mould too.
7. Place the karanjis on a greased baking tray. Brush them with a little ghee and bake in the preheated oven for twenty to twenty-five minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.
This dessert healthy foods like kids, younger and elder. Try this recipe at your home, it is very tasty.