Delicious Lobster salad recipe
Lobster salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of Lobster salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 5 pounds lobster meat, cooked, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. 2 1/2 pounds celery, diced.
3. Juice of 2 lemons.
4. 1-quart mayonnaise.
5. Salt and white pepper to taste.
6. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
7. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
8. 25 slices or wedges of lemon.
Method of making Lobster salad recipe
1. Place the lobster and celery in a mixing container. Toss gently.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice over the lobster celery mixture. Add the mayonnaise and toss gently a second time.
3. Season with salt and white pepper.
4. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
5. Place a mound of the salad in the center of each plate. Top with a small amount of additional mayonnaise.
6. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lemon.
Lobster salad is most popular when served as an entree or main course salad. It is served in a large salad bowl (or on a 9-inch plate); the serving portion is increased and it is garnished with hard boiled egg quarters and tomato slices or wedges. Lobster salad is also presented on the menu in the form of a stuffed tomato salad. Always serve a slice or wedge of lemon with seafood.