Healthy shrimp salad recipe
Shrimp salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of Shrimp salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 5-pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. 2 1/2 pounds celery, diced.
3. Juice of 2 lemons.
4. 1-quart mayonnaise.
5. Salt and white pepper to taste.
6. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
7. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
8. 25 slices or wedges of lemon.
Method of making Shrimp salad recipe
1. Place the shrimp and celery in a mixing container, toss gently.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shrimp-celery mixture, add the mayonnaise and toss gently a second time.
3. Season with salt and white pepper.
4. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
5. Place a mound of the salad in the center of each plate. Top with a small amount of additional mayonnaise.
6. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lemon.
Shrimp salad is most popular when served as an entree or main course salad It is served in a large salad bowl (or on a inch plate); the serving portion is increased and it is garnished with hard boiled egg quarters and tomato slices or wedges. Shrimp salad is also served as a filling in stuffed tomato salads. Always serve a slice or wedge of lemon with seafood.