Delicious molded tuna fish salad recipe
Molded tuna fish salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients molded tuna fish salad recipe
Approx yield: 25 servings
1. 4 cans tuna fish (13 oz. can) white meat, drained, flaked.
2. 3 1/2 tablespoon plain granulated gelatin, unflavored.
3. 1 cup cold water.
4. 1 cup boiling water.
5. 1 cup mayonnaise.
6. 1 cup catsup.
7. 1/2 cup lemon juice.
8. 1 cup celery, minced.
9. 1/2 cup sweet relish.
10. 1/4 cup onions, minced.
11. salt to taste.
Method of molded tuna fish salad recipe
1. Soften the gelatin in cold water for about 5 minutes. Add the boiling water and stir until thoroughly dissolved, let cool.
2. Blend together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, catsup and the gelatin mixture.
3. Fold in the tuna fish, sweet relish, onions and celery, season with salt.
4. Pour into individual molds, place in the refrigerator and chill until firm.
5. Unmold and serve on crisp salad greens, topped with additional mayonnaise.