Delicious Assorted seafood salad recipe
Seafood salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of Assorted seafood salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 1 pound lobster meat, cooked, cut into inch pieces.
2. 2-pound shrimp, cooked, deveined, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. 1 pound tuna fish, canned, drained, flaked.
4. 1 pound king crabmeat, cooked, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. 2-pound celery, diced.
6. 1/3 cup onions, minced.
7. Juice of 2 lemons.
8. 1-quart mayonnaise.
9. salt and white pepper to taste.
10. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
11. 25 leaves of leaf or romanie lettuce.
12. 25 slice or wedges of lemon.
Method of making assorted seafood salad recipe
1. Place the lobster, shrimp, tuna fish, crab. meat, celery and onion in a mixing container. Toss gently.
2. Add the juice of two lemons and the mayonnaise. Toss gently a second time.
3. Season with salt and white pepper.
4. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
5. Place a mound of salad in the center of each plate. Top with a small amount of additional mayonnaise.
6. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lemon.
Seafood salad can also be served as an entree or main course salad by increasing the serving portion and serving it in a larger salad bowl. The garnish generally consists of hard boiled egg and tomato slices or wedges. Seafood salad can also be presented on the menu in the form of a stuffed tomato salad. Serve a wedge or slice of lemon with all seafood preparations.