It’s true that food allergies are an increasing source of concern and stress for parents. Nowadays, it is easy to know what causes allergic reactions but still an ongoing daily challenge for the families who are very much familiar with the sufferings and unpleasant symptoms. Parents get worried when their children have something like this because of some certain foods.
There are some common foods associated with allergies and sensitivities like nuts, dairy, eggs and wheat (gluten). Since these are common ingredients in our everyday groceries and recipes, it makes eating difficulties for your children with allergies.
5 Allergy Friendly Recipes ForBabies
Everyday children are suffering from eating difficulties with allergies and parents are also concerned to feed healthy as well as allergy-free recipes for children. So, to solve your problem in eating allergy-friendly food, here are some recipes you can try, they are cheap and easy to make as well.
Gingerbread Christmas Ice Cream
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 3 frozen bananas
Optional: Gingerbread cookie crumbs
- Place your frozen bananas in a bowl for 10-15 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Use a blender to blend and now it’s ready to taste.
- 1 cup of puffed rice
- 2 or 3 tbsp of coconut milk
- 50 gram of coconut oil
- 2 cups of coconut (desiccated)
- 3 tbsp of honey
- Add puffed rice, oil and coconut in your food processor blitz completely.
- Place coconut milk and honey and blitz properly until well combined. Add an extra tbsp of coconut milk if needed.
- To roll into a ball easily, fridge the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Roll into 24 balls and 2 tbsp mixture per ball approximately.
- Refrigerate all of them for 1-2 hours. Ready to serve.
Spiced Apple and Carrot – Slow Cooker Porridge
- ½ cup of dates
- 1 carrot (medium size)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 apples (medium size)
- Optional: Salt
- Use your slow cooker or double boiler method to make clean up easy.
- Cut the apple into chunks after you peel it.
- Chop the dates roughly and grate your carrot
- Place all the ingredients to your slow cooker and stir it.
- Now pop on the lid and turn on your slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours approximatelyovernight.
- Now serve with your favorite nut, brown sugar or honey, a little maple syrup with walnut andwith your favorite milk.
Banana chia pudding cream pie
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana (approximately 100 gram)
- Blend coconut milk and banana together like you make a smoothie.
- Add chia seeds and provide a few pulses to mix them through your smoothie.
- Pour your mixture into a serving bowl or you can use a jar.
- Before you serve it, refrigerate it for about 20 minutes atleast.
Healthy Apple Pie Oat Bars
- 1.5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of quick cook oats
- 1 cup of applesauce or purée
- 2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 30gram coconut oil or melted butter
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Add chia seeds, cinnamon and oats in a medium bowl.
- Mix apple purée and melted butter to combine.
- Use a 20 cm square cake tin to line a baking tray.
- To make an even layer, press the mixture into the bottom of your baking dish. This should be 1.5 to 2 cm thick.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes and this should not be hard but firm to the touch.
- Make it cool before you slice it into squares.
To solve your everyday eating difficulties with allergies, these allergy free-recipes for your babies will help you a lot. These are not the best or the great recipes or something but definitely will help you to solve your eating difficulties with allergies.