Soya Burger Health Foods Snack Starter Recipe
Soya burger ingredients and method of making written below :
Ingredients Of Soya Burger Health Foods Snack Starter
1 cup soya granules.
2 1/2 cups skimmed milk.
4-5 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed.
1 medium onion, finely chopped.
2 green chillies, finely chopped.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander.
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder.
1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
1/4 teaspoon clove powder.
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
11/2 teaspoons lemon juice.
The salt according to taste.
3/4 cup brown breadcrumbs, for coating.
4 brown burger buns.
4 tablespoons mustard paste.
4 tablespoons tomato ketchup.
10-12 lettuce leaves.
1 medium onion, sliced into rings.
Method Of Making Soya Burger Health Foods Snack Starter
1. Soak the soya granules in two cups of milk for fifteen minutes. Drain and squeeze out extra milk. Grind to make finer granules.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the soya granules, mashed potatoes, onion, green chillies, fresh coriander, cumin powder, chilli powder, clove powder, cinnamon powder, lemon juice and salt.
3. Divide the mixture into four equal-sized balls. Shape each ball into a patty of three inches diameter and about half an inch thick.
4. Coat each patty evenly with breadcrumbs. Heat a non-stick pan and cook the patties on both sides until crisp.
5. Halve a burger bun horizontally. Apply the mustard paste on the base half and tomato ketchup on the top half. Place two to three lettuce leaves on the base half. Place the patty on this, top with onion rings, cover with the top half of the bun and serve immediately. Similarly, make the remaining burgers.
Most of the kids like to eat the burger. This burger is easy to make at home and consider healthy foods. This burger is not delicious but also provide health benefits. The soya burger is not the same because the soya provides protein, calcium and Vitamins A, B and C. The lettuce adds fibre.