Healthy asparagus with tomato salad recipe
Asparagus with tomato salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of asparagus with tomato salad recipe
Approx yield: 25 servings
1. 7 fresh tomatoes (4 slices each).
2. 50 asparagus spears, canned or fresh and cooked.
3. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
4. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
5. 1/2 7 ounces can pimientos.
6. 25 parsley or watercress sprigs.
Method of making asparagus with tomato salad recipe
1. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
2. Place a slice of tomato in the center of each salad plate and two asparagus spears on top of the tomato.
3. Cut the pimientos into 25 strips and lay one strip across the asparagus, garnish with a sprig of watercress or parsley.
4. Serve with any type of dressing desired.
Healthy green bean and bacon salad recipe
Green bean and bacon salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of green bean and bacon salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings.
1. 5 pounds(lbs) frozen green beans.
2. 8-ounce onions, cut julienne.
3. 1 pound(lb) bacon, cut julienne.
4. 7 ounces can pimientos, cut julienne.
5. 1-quart French dressing.
6. 1 teaspoon garlic, minced.
7. 25 leaves of romaine lettuce.
8. 3 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
9. 1/3 cup chopped parsley.
Method of making green bacon and bacon salad recipe
1. Cook the frozen green beans in boiling salt water.
2. Drain the beans and let cool thoroughly.
3. Blend together in a mixing container the cooked beans, garlic, onions. pimientos and French dressing. Let set for at least.
4. Cook the Julienne bacon strips into 2 hours, crackling. drain and let cool.
5. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
6. Place a mound of the salad in the center of the plate. Sprinkle the bacon crackling over the top.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley.