Delicious tomato aspic salad recipe
Tomato aspic salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of tomato aspic salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 2-ounce plain unflavored gelatin.
2. 1-pint cold water.
3. 2-quart tomato juice.
4. 1/2 cup onions, diced.
5. 1 bay leaf.
6. 1/2 cup celery, diced.
7. 4 whole cloves.
8. 1 teaspoon mustard, dry.
9. 6-ounce sugar.
10. 1/4 ounce salt.
11. 1 cup lemon juice.
Method of making tomato aspic salad recipe
1. Add the plain gelatin to the cold water and allow to set for 5 minutes.
2. Place the tomato juice, onions, bay leaf, celery, cloves, dry mustard, sugar, and salt in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove and strain.
3. Add the soaked gelatin to the hot tomato liquid and stir until gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
4. Add the lemon juice and stir.
5. Pour into individual molds, refrigerate un-til firm.
6. Unmold and serve on crisp salad greens.