Delicious fruited turkey salad recipe
Fruited turkey salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of fruited turkey salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 3 pounds turkey, cooked, diced into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. 1 1/2 pound celery, diced.
3. 10-ounce pineapple, canned, drained, diced.
4. 8-ounce red grapes, cut in half, seeded juice of 1 lemon.
5. 1-pint mayonnaise.
6. salt to taste.
7. 25 red maraschino cherries with stem.
8. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
9. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
10. 25 parsley sprigs.
Method of making fruited turkey salad recipe
1. Place the turkey, celery, pineapple and grape halves in a mixing container. Toss gently.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture. Add the mayonnaise and toss gently a second time. Season with salt.
3. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle the shredded iceberg lettuce over the leaf lettuce.
4. Place a mound of salad in the center of each plate, top with additional mayonnaise.
5. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a sprig of parsley.
This salad may be served as an entree or main course salad by serving in a large salad bowl and increasing the serving portion and garnish.
Delicious ham and turkey salad recipe