Delicious Makai Palak Vegetable Recipe
Makai Palak recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Makai Palak Vegetable Recipe
1. 1/2 cup corn kernels boiled.
2. 2 bunches (700 grams) fresh spinach, chopped.
3. 2 medium onions, chopped.
4. 1 inch ginger, grated.
5. 2 green chillies, chopped.
6. A pinch of turmeric powder.
7. 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
8. 1/2 teaspoon dried mango powder.
9. 1/4 cup skimmed milk yogurt.
10. Salt to taste.
11. 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
12. 1/4 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves, powdered.
13. 1 inch ginger, cut into thin strips.
Method Of Making Makai Palak Vegetable
1. Blanch the spinach, drain and purée in a blender.
2. Heat a non-stick pan and roast the onions, ginger and green chillies for two to three minutes.
3. Add the turmeric, chilli and dried mango powders. Add one-fourth cup of water. Mix well and simmer for one to two minutes.
4. Add the yogurt and mix well. Add the spinach purée, boiled corn and salt and cook for two minutes.
5. Add the garam masala powder and powdered dried fenugreek leaves and remove from heat.
6. Garnish with the ginger strips and serve hot with bread.
Spinach is high in calcium, iron and Vitamins A and C. It is a valuable source of folic acid for pregnant and lactating women. Corn provides the carbohydrates and fibre.
In addition to Makai Palak you can also try following vegetable recipes: