Delicious tuna fish salad recipe
Tuna fish salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of tuna fish salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 5-pound tuna fish canned, drained, flaked.
2. 2 1/2 pounds celery, diced.
3. Juice of 2 lemons.
4. 1/3 cup onions, minced.
5. 1-quart mayonnaise.
6. salt and white pepper to taste.
7. 3 heads iceberg lettuce, shredded.
8. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
9. 25 slices or wedges of lemon.
Method of making tuna fish salad recipe
1. Place the tuna fish and celery in a mixing container. Toss gently.
2. Add the onions, juice of 2 lemons and mayonnaise. Toss gently a second time.
3. Season with salt and white pepper.
4. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle on the shredded iceberg lettuce.
5. Place a mound of the salad in the center of each plate. Top with a small amount of additional mayonnaise.
6. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lemon.
Tuna fish salad can also be served as an entree or main course salad by increasing the serving portion and serving it in a large salad bowl. The garnish generally consists of hard boiled egg slices and slices or wedges of tomato. Tuna fish salad is sometimes prepared by adding sweet relish or chopped hard boiled eggs to the ingredients. Always serve a slice or wedge of lemon with seafood salads.