Healthy Spanish bean salad recipe
Spanish bean salad recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of Spanish bean salad recipe
Approx. yield: 25 servings
1. 5 cups lima beans, cooked.
2. 5 cups garbanzo (chick peas), cooked.
3. 5 cups pinto beans, cooked.
4. 5 cups kidney beans, cooked.
5. 3 cups celery, small dice.
6. 1 cup green peppers, diced.
7. 2 tablespoon chili powder.
8. 1 1/2 tablespoon. salt.
9. 1-pint mayonnaise.
10. 8-ounce tomato sauce.
11. 25 leaves of iceberg lettuce (lettuce cups).
12. 25 parsley sprigs.
Method of making Spanish bean salad recipe
1. Drain all the beans and place in a mixing container.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients except the lettuce. Mix together thoroughly, cover and let set in the refrigerator overnight so all flavors can blend together.
3. Line each cold plate with an iceberg lettuce cup.
4. Place a mound of salad in the center of the lettuce cups.
5. Garnish each plate with a sprig of parsley.
Healthy Western garden slaw recipe
Western garden slaw recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of Western garden slaw recipe
Approx yield: 25 servings
1. 4 quarts cabbage, finely shredded.
2. 1-quart celery, diced fine.
3. 1/2 cup green peppers, diced fine.
4. 1/2 cup pimientos, diced fine.
5. 1/2 cup onions, minced.
6. 2 teaspoon celery seed.
7. 1-pint mayonnaise.
8. 1-pint sour cream.
9. 1/2 cup sugar.
10. 1/2 cup lemon juice.
11. 2 teaspoons dry mustard.
12. 2 tablespoons salt.
13. 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
14. 25 leaves of leaf or romaine lettuce.
15. 1/3 cup chopped parsley.
Method of making Western garden slaw recipe
1. Blend together in a mixing container the cabbage, celery, green peppers, pitmen toss and onions.
2. Combine in a separate container the sour cream, celery seed, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, dry mustard, salt and pepper, blend thoroughly.
3. Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture, toss gently until thoroughly blended.
4. Line each cold salad plate with a leaf of lettuce.
5. Place a mound of the slaw in the center of each plate.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.