Delicious Sichuan Prawns Recipe Snack Starter
Sichuan prawns recipe ingredients and method of making written below :
Ingredients Of Sichuan Prawns Recipe
1. 16 medium prawns, shelled and deveined.
2. 2 tablespoons red chilli paste.
3. 3 tablespoons tomato sauce.
4. 1 tablespoon soy sauce cup rice wine (optional).
5. 1/2 teaspoon MSG (optional.
6. 2 teaspoons sugar.
7. The salt according to taste.
8. 2 cups Fish or Chicken stock.
9. 2 tablespoons oil.
10. 3-4 dried red chillies, broken.
11. 6-8 Sichuan peppers.
12. 1-inch ginger, chopped.
13. 6-8 garlic cloves, chopped.
14 2 spring onions with greens, chopped.
15. 3 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in 1 cup water.
16. 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces.
17. 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Method Of Making Delicious Sichuan Prawns Recipe
1. Mix the red chilli paste, tomato sauce. soy sauce, rice wine, MSG, sugar and salt to taste in one cup of stock.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick wok or a pan, add the chillies, Sichuan peppers, ginger and garlic and stir-fry briefly. Add the spring onions (reserving the greens for garnishing) and continue to stir-fry for a minute more.
3. Add the prawns and cook for a minute or until the prawns turn white, stirring and tossing continuously. Add the sauce and spice mix and the remaining stock and bring it to a boil.
4. Stir in the dissolved cornflour, add the capsicum and cook for two to three minutes or until the sauce coats the prawns. Stir in the vinegar and serve hot, garnished with spring onion greens.
It is very delicious snack starter. It also healthy foods recipe. As from the name use of Sichuan peppers in this recipe. These are not hot or pungent in taste like chillies or pepper but have a unique flavour and aroma. Only the seeds are used, the husks are removed and discarded. Konkanis would identify with it as it is very like tirphal.