How To Make Delicious Nadur Palak
Nadur Palak ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Nadur Palak/Spinach
1. 250 grams lotus root (nadur).
2. 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves, chopped.
3. 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida.
4. 2 tablespoons rice bran oil.
5. Salt to taste.
6. 1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
7. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
8. 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
9. 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
Method Of Making Nadur Palak/Spinach
1. Scrape the lotus root well. Cut into thick round slices and wash thoroughly. Mix the asafoetida with one tablespoon of water. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and stir-fry the lotus roots for five minutes. Add the asafoetida mixture, salt and spinach.
2. Add half a cup of water, seal the cooker with the lid and cook over medium heat till the pressure is released three times (three whistles).
3. Remove the lid when the pressure has reduced completely. Stir in the chilli, turmeric and dried ginger powders. Simmer till almost all the water has dried up.
4. Sprinkle the garam masala powder and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Nadur Polak is an everyday recipe in a Kashmiri home but where lotus root is not available easily it becomes a delicacy. Choose slim, pinkish lotus roots and clean them thoroughly as they are usually muddy. Lotus root is low in saturated fats and cholesterol, high in dietary fibre, Vitamins C and B, potassium and phosphorus.
You can also try the following vegetables recipes: