How To Prepare Mirchi Ka salan Recipe
Mirchi Ka salan ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka salan
1. 18-20 big green chillies.
2. 2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
3. 1 tablespoon coriander seeds.
4. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
5. 1/2 cup roasted peanuts.
6. 2 dried red chillies, broken.
7. 1 inch ginger, chopped.
8. 6-8 garlic cloves.
9. 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
10. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
11. 8-10 curry leaves.
12. 1 medium onion, grated.
13. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
14. 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp.
15. Salt to taste.
Method Of Making Mirchi Ka Salan Best Recipe
1. Wash, wipe and slit the green chillies length-ways without cutting through.
2. Dry-roast the sesame coriander and cumin seeds.Cool and grind to a paste along with the roasted peanuts, red chillies ginger and garlic.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stir seeds. Once the k pan and add the mustard Y splutter add the curry leaves. Sauté for half a minute and add the continuously onion. Sauté, stirring y, till the onion is light golden brown.
4. Add the turmeric powder an the masala and mix well. Add paste and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chillies and continue tor for further two minutes.
5. Stir in one-and-a-half cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for ten minutes. Add the tamarind pulp (dissolved in half a cup of water, if it is too thick).
6. Add the salt and cook on low heat for eight to ten minutes.
In Hyderabad, Mirchi ka Salan is traditionally served as an accompaniment to biryanis. Some people like to add grated coconut to the masala paste, butt prefer Mirchi ka Satan without coconut. This gravy is referred to as Till (TH-Sesame) our Falli (Moongphali-Peanuts).