Marinated Prawn Salad Recipe – how to make it
Marinated prawn salad ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Marinated Prawn Salad Recipe
1. 15 medium prawns, cleaned and blanched.
2. 1/4 cup grated coconut.
3. 4 shallots, sliced.
4. 2 lemon grass stalks, chopped.
5. Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded .
6. A few fresh mint leaves, to garnish.
1. A pinch of brown sugar.
2. 4 tablespoons lemon juice.
3. 1 tablespoon fish sauce.
4. 2 fresh red chillies, chopped.
5. 1 garlic clove, chopped .
6. Salt according to taste.
Method Of Making Of Marinated Prawn Salad Recipe
1. In a large bowl, toss together the prawns, coconut, shallots, lemon grass and lime leaves.
2. For the dressing, mix together the brown sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce, red chillies, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
3. Pour the dressing over the prawn and coconut mixture and toss gently to mix.
4. Serve, garnished with fresh mint leaves and enjoy.
Prawns contain vitamins that enhance the health of the skin, bones and teeth. In this lightly cooked form, they add crunch and flavour marrying well with the lime leaves and mint.
It is consider that prawns are a good source of unsaturated fat. That makes up the majority of its fat content. These unsaturated fats boost your blood cholesterol. It levels when you eat them in place of saturated or trans fats. Prawns are good source of omega 3 like other fish and shellfish. It is proved scientifically Omega-3s reduce inflammation and your risk of heart disease. It also reduce cancer and arthritis. They provide aid brain function.
Prawns are healthy alternative protein source instead of high cholesterol content. According to U.S. Department of Agriculture, they recommends eating a minimum of 8 ounces of cooked seafood in each week. Other animal proteins.Such like red meat, that are high in saturated fats. But with prawns can aid to your lower saturated fat. According to USDA recommends moderately active adults eat 5 to 6 1/2 ounces of protein per day.