Delicious jellied cole slaw recipe
Jellied cole slaw recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of jellied cole slaw recipe
Approx yield: 25 servings
1. 10-ounce lemon gelatin
2. 1-pint hot water.
3. 1-pint cold water.
4. 5-ounce vinegar, cider.
5. 2 cups mayonnaise.
6. 1 teaspoon salt.
7. 1 pinch white pepper.
8. 3 pints cabbage, shredded very fine.
9. 2 tablespoon pimientos, chopped fine.
10. 2 tablespoon green pepper, chopped fine.
11. 2 tablespoon onions, minced.
12. 1/2 teaspoon celery seed.
Method of making jellied cole slaw recipe
1. Dissolve the gelatin in hot water. Add the cold water and stir.
2. Place in the refrigerator and chill until it begins to thicken.
3. Place the gelatin in a mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and celery seed. Whip until light and fluffy.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients and fold into the whipped gelatin mixture.
5. Pour into individual molds, refrigerate and chill until firm.
6. Unmold and serve on crisp salad greens.