Delicious Capsicum Kayras Vegetable Recipe
Capsicum Kayras ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Capsicum Kayras Vegetable Recipe
1. 5-6 medium green capsicums, cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. 1/2 tablespoons rice bran oil.
4. 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
5. A pinch of asafoetida.
6. 1/2 cup peanuts.
7. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
8. Salt to taste.
9. 1 1/2 tablespoons grated jaggery.
1. 1/5 cup grated coconut.
2. 1 tablespoon melon seeds.
3. 3 tablespoons sesame seeds.
4. 2 tablespoons split Bengal gram.
5. 2 tablespoons coriander seeds.
6. 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds.
7. 4-5 dried red chillies.
8. 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp.
Method Of Making Capsicum Kayras Vegetable Recipe
1. For the masala, dry-roast the coconut, melon seeds and sesame seeds separately. Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a pan; add the split Bengal gram, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies and sauté till fragrant. Grind the spices with the roasted coconut, sesame seeds, melon seeds, tamarind pulp and three-fourth cup of water to a fine paste.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add the asafoetida, stir and add the peanuts; sauté for three to four minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, salt and jaggery. Stir, cover and cook on low heat for five minutes. Add the capsicums, stir and cook till the vegetables are half-done.
4. Add the ground paste, one-and-a-half cups of water and simmer for three to four minutes.
5. Serve hot and enjoy delicious Capsicum Kayras.
Capsicum provider number of benefits to its users. Capsicum is rich in Vitamin C and fibre, whereas melon seeds are a good source of potassium and omega-3 fatty acids. Sesame seeds are 25 per cent protein and are especially rich in methionine and tryptophan, often not present in adequate quantities in many plant proteins.
In addition to Capsicum Kayras you can also try following recipes: