How To Make Delicious Broken Wheat Upma Food Recipe
Broken wheat upma ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Broken Wheat Upma Food Recipe
1. 1 cup fine broken wheat.
2. 1/4 cup skimmed milk yogurt salt to taste.
3. 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds.
4. 1 teaspoon split black gram 10-12 curry leave.
5. 1 medium onions, chopped.
6. 1 inch ginger, chopped.
7. 3-4 green chillies,chopped.
8. 1 medium carrot, diced and blanched.
9. 1/4 cup green peas,blanched.
10. 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
11. 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander.
Method Of Making Broken Wheat Upma Food Recipe
1. whisk the yogurt, salt and three-and-a-half cups of water in a bowl till smooth.set aside.
2. heat a non-stick pan.add the mustard seeds and split black gram.when the mustard seeds splutter,add the curry leaves and onions,and cook till lightly browned.
3. stir in the broken wheat and continue to cook on medium heat for two minute.add the ginger and chillies and cook for another five minute,or until fragrant.
4. mix in the yogurt mixture and bring to a boil.cook the upma on a low heat,stirring continuously,until all the water is absorbed.
5. Add the carrot and peas,along with the lemon juice.stir gently, adjust the seasoning,and add a litter more water if required.
6. cover and cook on a low heat for another eight to ten minutes.
7. transfer into a serving bowl,garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Broken Wheat Upma is consist of nutrient-rich wheat based upma. It brings ups the huge number of dietary fibre and energy. Carrot and green peas bring along a wealth of nutrients beneficial for health. It enrich with vitamin A. The veggies also add crunch to an otherwise soft upma. You have choice to add other veggies of your choice to make it more colourful presentation and tasty.