Bread Salad With Diced Chicken Healthy Food Recipe
Bread Salad with diced chicken ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients of bread salad with diced chicken
1. 3-inch piece of French loaf, cut into small cubes.
2. 2 boneless chicken breasts, skinned, boiled and cut into small cubes.
3. 2 tablespoons olive oil.
4. 1 tablespoon vinegar.
5. 2-3 garlic cloves.
6. 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves + a few for garnish.
7. Salt to taste.
8. 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into small pieces.
9. 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into small pieces.
10. 4 lettuce leaves.
Method of making bread salad with diced chicken
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Spread the bread cubes in a shallow baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for ten minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil leaves and salt in a food processor and blend at high speed for a few seconds to make a coarse paste. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the bread cubes, chicken, tomatoes and cucumber and toss well. Let the salad stand for five minutes. This allows the bread to soften slightly.
5. Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves and transfer the salad into it. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.