Best Tomato and basil soup Recipe
Tomato are beneficial for fresh healthy skin. Tomatoes are full with vitamin C and A. They are antioxidant lycopene. On the other hand basil which we also know as tulsi are full with calcium, vitamin A, potassium. Another benefit of tulsi or basil is low in fat.
Ingredients of tomato and basil soup
1. 20-22 medium tomatoes quartered.
2. 24 fresh basil leaves.
3. 2 bay leaves.
4. 20 black peppercorn.
5. 2 medium onions sliced.
6. 8 garlic cloves chopped.
7. 2 six inch celery stalks, finely chopped.
8. take 2 medium carrots and chopped them roughly.
9. salt according to taste.
10. 2 tablespoons gram flour.
11. 2 teaspoons sugar.
Method of making tomato and basil soup
1. Heat non stick pan. And add the bay leaves and half of the peppercorns and onions and roast until translucent.
2. Now add the garlic, celery and three tablespoons of water. Stir them lightly.
3. Now times to add the tomatoes and carrots.
4. Reserve six basil leaves for garnish and add the rest to the tomatoes.
5. Stir and add salt.Cook on medium heat till the tomato pieces soften.Now add three cups of water and bring it to a boil.Cover and cook for ten to fifteen minutes.
6. Strain the mixture through a strainer.Reserve the liquid. Remove the peppercorns and bay leaves from the residue and allow it to cool. Blend in a mixer to get a smooth puree.
7. Roast the gram flour in another pan till fragrant. Add the pureed tomatoes and mix it.
8. Add the reserved liquid and adjust the consistency and return to the heat.
9. Add the sugar,salt and freshly crushed remaining peppercorns and let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Strain and bring to a boil again.
10. Garnish with the reserved basil leaves and serve piping hot.