Tastey Baghare Baingan Recipe
Baghare baingan recipe ingredients and method of making written below:
Ingredients Of Baghare Baingan Recipe
1. 250 grams small brinjals.
2. 2 medium onions, quartered.
3. 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds.
4. 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
5. 2 tablespoons peanuts.
6. 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
7. 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds.
8. 1 tablespoon grated dried coconut.
9. A pinch of fenugreek seeds.
10. 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped.
11. 6-8 garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
12. Salt to taste.
13. A pinch of turmeric powder.
14. 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
15. 1/2 teaspoon grated jaggery or sugar.
16. 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp.
17. 2 tablespoons olive oil.
18. 1 sprig curry leaves.
Method Of Making Vegitable Baghare Baingan Recipe
1. Wash the brinjals and slit length ways into four, with the quarters held together at the stalk.
2. Dry-roast the onions on a tawa till they turn soft and pale gold.
3.Dry-roast the coriander seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, dried coconut and fenugreek seeds all together till fragrant and they begin to change colour.
4. Grind together the roasted onions, roasted spices, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and jaggery or sugar to a very fine paste. Add the tamarind pulp and mix well. Stuff the slit brinjals with some masala and reserve the rest.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai, add the curry leaves and sauté for a minute. Add the stuffed brinjals and saute for about ten minutes. Add the reserved masala and mix gently. Add two cups of water, cover and cook over low heat till the brinjals are completely cooked and the oil rises to the surface. Serve hot delicious vegetable baghare baingan.
In addition to bahare baingain you can also check following vegetables recipes: